Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Terror in the Capital

I honestly don't know how to start this.

This morning, the world I knew it was rocked to its core. It isn't the first shock to my system, but not since 9/11 have I felt as I did today.

I watched, when I could slip away from my desk, as the safe haven I've known, the beautiful city I called home for 15 years, was turned upside down by two (possibly three) madmen. The worst was that this was the second incident this week.

I have no words to express my emotions. It feels like a nightmare that isn't ending. To know that someone, anyone, would attack the city I feel is more my home town than were I was born drives a dagger into my heart.

Two brave Canadian soldiers have lost their lives, and on Canadian soil.

All I can say is that my prayers and thoughts go out to all those who call Canada home.

No comments:

Post a Comment