Friday, November 28, 2014

From the "Patriarchy" with Love

I am the oppressor, you say.
I am that which stops your progress, impedes your way.
But in truth that is just a game you play.
You need a villain, a foe to slay.
But there are no more demons, no more dragons today.

Instead we are in a world of concrete and steel,
Where we question what we feel
Instead of accepting it as real.

Every emotion needs a name
And a target for whom to blame
But that is a victim's game
Though I'm sure you won't say the same

You scream that we are evil, vile,
That what we love is puerile.
Yet, stay and listen a while.
For what you think you see,
That is not reality.
That is what you wish it to be.

You need us to be the enemy
Because, without us, there's nothing for you to be.
You are not here for creativity
You want control, that's plain to see.

You want decision by committee
"Don't think of you, think of me.
What you do is offensive, don't you see
It harms my rights, my sensitivity!"

You say that, because I am a man, I am stained with sin
That I want to rape and do women in.
But you know what, that sounds close to religion.
A gospel of hate and forced contrition.

But in this church, there's not a preacher
Instead, a lecturer, a teacher
A pseudo-academic in a magazine feature.
All proclaiming us as some twisted creature.

But gamers don't want to play along
No, we hear the tune to this song
The sound of it just plain wrong
Not to mention linking your Patreon.

That's what it is about, at the end.
Money enough for you to spend
Fame for your name, and to your wills we bend
Except you chose wrong this time, friend.

You see, gamers, we play to win
And we are not covered in sin.
We take your ideology, and toss it in the bin

And that's because we are diverse,
Accepting, welcoming, no matter how you curse
We will not change, we will not disperse
Now here's your coat, and your purse.

Go back to harassing some other industry,
Because, right here, it's coming along nicely.
I see many more signs of diversity
Than I do in all your misandry.
And if I do represent your "Patriachy",
Then I say this with love, to you from me.
You're no longer oppressed, I set you free.

No comments:

Post a Comment